What follows are the announced rosters for the parent club Milwaukee Brewers as well as each of the full-season minor-league affiliates of the same, broken down by position group.
MLB Parent Club (Twitter: @Brewers)
Manager: Ron Roenicke
25 Total Players
- Michael Blazek (Twitter: @MichaelBlazek34)
- Jonathan Broxton
- Neal Cotts (@NealJames56)
- Mike Fiers (@Fiers64)
- Matt Garza (@Gdeuceswild)
- Jeremy Jeffress (@JMontana41)
- Kyle Lohse (@KyleLohse26)
- Jimmy Nelson (@Jimmy_J_Nelson)
- Wily Peralta (@WilyPeralta38)
- Francisco Rodriguez
- Will Smith (@White_Willy31)
- Tyler Thornburg (@TylerThornburg)
- Scooter Gennett (@Sgennett2)
- Hector Gomez
- Luis Jimenez
- Adam Lind
- Aramis Ramirez
- Jean Segura
Class-AAA Affiliate (Twitter: @skysox)
Manager: Rick Sweet
28 Total Players
- Nick Additon
- Jed Bradley (@Jed_Bradley)
- Tyler Cravy (@TylerJayCravy)
- Tim Dillard (@DimTillard)
- John Ely
- Drew Gagnon (@Dgags24)
- David Goforth (@DavidGoforth7)
- Taylor Jungmann
- Brandon Kintzler
- Corey Knebel (@coreyknebel29)
- Brent Leach (@brentle24)
- Chris Leroux
- Ariel Peña
- Chris Pérez
- Rob Wooten (@RobWooten35)
- Nevin Ashley (@nevin_ashley)
- Juan Centeno
- Robinzon Diaz
- Matt Clark (@MattClark60)
- Elian Herrera
- Donnie Murphy
- Pete Orr
- Jason Rogers (@jasonrogers2003)
- Luis Sardiñas (@thesardisardi)
- Ben Guez (@bennyguez)
- Matt Long (@MattELong)
- Bryan Petersen (@peteypipes)
- Shane Peterson (@speters2)
Class-AA Affiliate (Twitter: @BiloxiShuckers)
Manager: Carlos Subero (@csubero)
27 Total Players
- Jacob Barnes (@j_barnes30)
- Jaye Chapman (@jchappy33)
- Brooks Hall
- Hobbs Johnson (@hojo31)
- Jorge Lopez (@Yabiee18)
- Damien Magnifico (@D_Magno32)
- Eric Marzec (@MarzMLB)
- Wirfin Obispo
- Tanner Poppe (@TannerPoppe)
- Austin Ross (@AustinNorthRoss)
- Mike Strong (@Strong_Mike1188)
- Brent Suter (@bruter24)
- Martin Viramontes (@martilious19)
- Tyler Wagner (@_TylerWagner_)
- Orlando Arcia
- Taylor Green
- Nate Orf (@NateOrf4)
- Nick Ramirez (@N_Ramirez33)
- Yadiel Rivera (@YADIELRIVERA13)
- Nick Shaw (@NShaw3)
- Josh Fellhauer (@The_Felly_3)
- Michael Reed (@aweisenburger)
- Tyrone Taylor (@Ty_roneTaylor)
- Kyle Wren (@KwrenGT)
Class-A Advanced Affiliate (Twitter: @BCManatees)
Manager: Joe Ayrault
28 Total Players
- Tristan Archer (@TRISTAN_archer)
- Hiram Burgos (@Burgos196)
- Kaleb Earls (@K_Earls32)
- Preston Gainey (@friendpresto)
- Scott Lieser (@lieserslegkick)
- Casey Medlen (@CMeds13)
- Jorge Ortega
- Stephen Peterson (@SPetey22)
- Javier Salas (@javisalas22)
- Trevor Seidenberger (@trev15berger)
- Tyler Spurlin (@TyroneG4)
- Clint Terry (@ClintEastWoody)
- Wei-Chung Wang (@LeftyWang51)
- Mark Williams (@M9Willy40)
- Brandon Woodruff (@B_Woody24)
- Taylor Brennan (@TaylorBrennan88)
- Garrett Cooper (@CoopaLoop1)
- Steven Halcomb
- Brandon Macias (@Cias12)
- Chris McFarland (@cmcfarland936)
- Angel Ortega
Class-A Affiliate (Twitter: @TimberRattlers)
Manager: Matt Erickson
28 Total Players
- David Burkhalter (@dmburkhalter1)
- Luke Curtis (@LCurtiz_13)
- Victor Diaz
- Milton Gomez
- Zach Hirsch (@zhirsch57)
- Brock Hudgens (@Brock_Hudgens)
- Tyler Linehan (@tylinny39)
- Harvey Martin (@Martin_Time15)
- Kodi Medeiros (@kodi_medeiros)
- Luis Ortega
- Gian Rizzo
- Cy Sneed (@CySneed)
- Orlando Torrez
- Josh Uhen (@joshuhen)
- Angel Ventura
- Carlos Leal
- Greg McCall (@Greg_McCall15)
- Natanel Mejia
- Luis Aviles
- Dustin Demuth (@_doubled16)
- David Denson (@_DavidD_41)
- Jake Gatewood (@Jake_Gatewood2)
- Greg Muñoz
- Tucker Neuhaus (@Tucker_Neuhaus)
In total, seven players were moved out of big league camp today leaving just 27 players. Two more moves will be made before the deadline to accomplish such things. One is almost assuredly Jim Henderson who will either open on the disabled list or end up optioned to the minors as he continues to come back from shoulder surgery. The other move will be either the return of non-roster invitee Elian Herrera to the minor league side or the optioning of Logan Schafer.
Doug Melvin told the media recently that he expected to finalize the 25-man roster with players already in camp. That speaks to no trades currently percolating. If that’s the case, the roster appears basically set with just the formal decision to be made on Herrera.
If things shake out as they currently appear, *UPDATE* This is how the roster breaks down:
Starting Pitchers (5): Lohse, Garza, Peralta, Fiers, Nelson
Relief Pitchers (7): Rodriguez, Broxton, Smith, Jeffress, Cotts, Thornburg, Blazek
Catchers (2): Lucroy, Maldonado
Infielders (6): Lind, Gennett, Segura, Ramirez, H. Gomez, Jimenez
Outfielders (5): Davis, C. Gomez, Braun, Parra, Schafer
Ron Roenicke’s lineup today carried the flavor of one we could see on Opening Day as well (with the obvious exception of the choice for pitcher). Here’s what it’ll probably look like.
- Carlos Gomez – CF
- Jonathan Lucroy – C
- Ryan Braun – RF
- Aramis Ramirez – 3B
- Adam Lind – 1B
- Khris Davis – LF
- Scooter Gennett – 2B
- Jean Segura – SS
- Pitcher McThrowballs – P
Proceeds to Benefit Make-A-Wish Foundation
The Milwaukee Brewers have announced that the team will auction off Opening Day tickets for the 103 “Uecker Seats” located at Miller Park. The Dutch style auction will be held exclusively online beginning today, Monday, March 23 at 12:00 p.m. until Tuesday, March 31 at 11:59 p.m., with all proceeds benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
The “Uecker Seats” are 103 obstructed view seats that are located in Sections 421, 422 and 423. The seats were named after Brewers’ legendary announcer Bob Uecker and the famous Miller Lite “All Stars” campaign. The ad campaign featured Uecker’s famous tagline, “I must be in the front row,” despite the fact that Uecker somehow always ended up in the last row. The seats are located near the Last Row Statue of the announcer, which was unveiled last year, in the last row of Terrace Level Section 422.
The Dutch auction will be held exclusively online and there is no limit of the number of seats fans will be able to bid on. There are a total of 103 seats that will be auctioned off, with 42 pairs available and 19 single seats. Each participant can log on to brewers.com/UeckerSeats starting today, Monday, March 23 at 12:00 p.m. From there, fans can chose the pair and/or single seat options, and make their desired bids. Once the auction closes on Tuesday, March 31, the top bidders for each category will be selected. The final price for each seat will be the lowest bid among the top bidders selected.
Auction participants will be contacted by the Brewers Ticket Office if they have the winning bid. All proceeds from the auction will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Despite the frigid temperatures, one of the most anticipated annual “signs of summer” for Brewers fans is right around the corner. And it’s all happening in just a few short weeks at Miller Park.
The Milwaukee Brewers have set Saturday, February 28 as the date for this year’s Arctic Tailgate party, which marks the beginning of individual ticket sales at Miller Park. Individual game tickets will go on sale at 9 a.m. that day. This is the ninth year that the Arctic Tailgate will mark the start of individual ticket sales.
On that Saturday morning, the Box Office windows will open at 9 a.m. The Klement’s Famous Racing SausagesTM, Bernie Brewer and Brewers alumni players will be on hand to greet fans all morning. The first 2,000 fans in line will receive a hot dog and soda, compliments of Klement’s, Pepsi and Sportservice, as well as an Arctic Tailgate t-shirt. FOX Sports Wisconsin and 620 WTMJ will both serve as media sponsors, and the FOX Sports Wisconsin Girls will be in attendance on Saturday.
Please note the following safety regulations for the Arctic Tailgate. Participants will not be permitted to set up camp prior to noon on Thursday, February 26. No hand-made or hand-built shelters shall be permitted. No shelters made of cardboard or wood will be permitted. Shelters with a footprint greater than 100 square feet are not permitted unless otherwise approved by the Brewers. Miller Park power sources are not available for public use and gas generators are not permitted on the property. Only State-Approved gas/propane heating/grilling units with fuel-valve turn-offs and self-contained charcoal/wood units are permitted; provided, however, that they must be a minimum distance of 25 feet from the building or shelters. Activity and items permitted on the premises are subject to the approval of the Brewers. The Brewers reserve the right to remove any shelter, items, or individuals from the property.
Only a very limited number of tickets for Opening Day will be available at this event (note: the Miller Park Box Office will be the only place where fans will be able to purchase individual Opening Day tickets on February 28; no phone or online orders will be accepted). Each fan will be limited to a maximum of four tickets for Opening Day, based on availability. Meanwhile, through Monday, February 16, fans can visit Brewers.com and register for the chance to be selected in an Opening Day opportunity to purchase up to four tickets to Opening Day and up to eight tickets to weekend games (Friday-Sunday) at Miller Park this season.
Tickets for individual Brewers home games can be purchased starting Saturday, February 28 at 9 a.m. at the Miller Park Box Office, at Brewers.com or by calling (414) 902-4000 (or 800-933-7890).
Demand-based pricing, which provides the best ticket value for fans, will return for all Brewers games this season. The pricing will be implemented in almost all of the Miller Park seating categories (excluding All-Inclusive Areas, Suites, and the Uecker Seats).
Beginning with the first day of individual game sales, pricing for all 81 games is subject to change. Fans should be reminded that they will usually receive the lowest price when they purchase their seats early. Fans will be able to purchase tickets at the Box Office or by visiting Brewers.com, selecting the “Tickets” tab and then clicking on the Single Game Tickets link. For more information regarding demand-based pricing for specific games, fans can visit Brewers.com/tickets.
Fans will also be able to purchase parking passes in advance for all home dates at Miller Park including Opening Day. Advance General Parking passes are available for all games. A complete listing of the parking prices is shown below.
In addition to the Miller Park Ticket Office, fans will be able to buy tickets and parking at Brewers.com or by phone at (414) 902-4000. The Miller Park Ticket Office will be open until 5 p.m. on Saturday, February 28. Normal Box Office hours are from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Friday (beginning Monday, March 2), 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturdays and 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Sundays.
2015 Miller Park Parking Information
|Location||Advance||Value Rate||Regular Rate|
|All Games||Day of Game (Mon-Fri)||Day of Game (Sat-Sun, OD)|
|Bus Parking||$40 (M-F) / $50 (Sat&Sun)||$55||$75|
***UPDATE: CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE ORDER FORM!***
The Milwaukee Brewers today announced specifics of an Opening Day Ticket Opportunity that will allow fans the chance to purchase tickets to Opening Day and weekend games at Miller Park prior to the sale of individual tickets.
Beginning tomorrow, January 27 at 9 a.m. and continuing through Monday, February 16 at 11:59pm, fans can go to Brewers.com and register for the opportunity to purchase up to four tickets to Opening Day on Monday, April 6 against the Colorado Rockies. Due to limited availability, the Opening Day Ticket Opportunity includes single seats, standing room only and some obstructed view seats. In addition, fans can register for a maximum of eight tickets to each of the weekend games (Friday-Sunday) at Miller Park.
Following registration, a pool of randomly selected winners will be chosen and provided access to an online pre-sale opportunity, based on available inventory. The winners will be notified on Friday, February 20. Fans who win the chance to purchase tickets for Opening Day will be able to purchase tickets starting on Tuesday, February 24 at 9 a.m., while fans who win the chance to purchase tickets for weekend games will be able to do so starting on Wednesday, February 25 at 9 a.m.
There is no charge to register. This will be the only opportunity for fans to purchase single game tickets for Opening Day, other than a very small number set aside for fans lining up at the Box Office on the first day of individual game sales at Miller Park. Single game ticket sales will go on sale at a later date (exact date TBD).
Meanwhile, there are still options available for fans to guarantee their place at Miller Park for Opening Day and other popular games with 10-Packs starting as low as $160. Each 10-Pack includes 10 Brewers home games, plus a bonus of Opening Day or any other game of the fan’s choice absolutely FREE. Fans interested in purchasing 10-Packs are encouraged to call 414-902-HITS (4487) or visit Brewers.com/10packs for more information.
Please note: A very limited amount of individual tickets will be available for Opening Day.
Joseph Attanasio to Continue Tradition of Performing the Opening Day National Anthem; Wisconsin’s Olympic Heroes Throw Ceremonial First Pitch
The Milwaukee Brewers begin the 2014 season at Miller Park on Monday against the Atlanta Braves. Details for Opening Day ceremonies follow.
Ticket Availability: Tickets for Opening Day are sold out. Tickets remain available for the other two games of the homestand.
- Parking Lots/Gate Opening Times: The Miller Park parking lots will open at 10 a.m. on Opening Day. The gates to Miller Park will open at 11 a.m.
- First Pitch: A trio of Wisconsin-born Olympic heroes from the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi will throw out the first pitch. Matt Antoine, born in Prairie du Chien, Wis., was a bronze medalist in the Skeleton competition. Brianna Decker, from Dousman, Wis. and Jessica Vetter, from Cottage Grove, Wis., were each members of the USA women’s hockey team that won the silver medal. Decker currently is on the University of Wisconsin women’s hockey team and Vetter is a graduate of the university.
- National Anthem: Joseph Attanasio, father of Brewers Chairman and Principal Owner Mark Attanasio, will sing the national anthem.
- Brewers Magnetic Schedule Day: All fans in attendance will receive a Brewers 2014 magnetic schedule.
- The 12th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race: Prior to first pitch on Opening Day, the Famous Racing Sausages will take part in the 12th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race, beginning at 10 a.m. at the Klement’s plant on Chase Ave. The Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages™ will deliver the “First Brat” all the way to Miller Park (weather permitting).
OPENING DAY PARKING INFORMATION
The Brewers are urging fans to plan ahead when considering parking options for all games at Miller Park, but in particular for Opening Day. Fans may purchase parking passes in advance for all home dates at Miller Park through the Miller Park Box Office, Brewers.com or by phone at (414) 902-4000. Please note, a limited number of parking passes are available for Opening Day.
There will not be overflow parking at Wisconsin State Fair Park this year.
Please tune in to AM 1180 for up to the minute information.
Here at Brewer Nation, we care about our readers. We want everyone to be able to participate in all things Brewers and that includes attendance at a certain “hot ticket” event.
So let me ask you the follow question…
Do any of these situations apply to you?
-No luck in the lottery?
-Can’t afford resale upcharges?
-Couldn’t (or wouldn’t) tailgate in “Arctic” conditions?
-Need one to complete your party?
Then do I have a deal for you!
For a limited time only, I’m offering you the chance to win a ticket to Opening Day on March 31st at Miller Park when the Milwaukee Brewers host the Atlanta Braves.
You might be saying to yourself, “I never win anything” or “He’ll never pick me.” Maybe. But that shouldn’t prevent you from trying anyway because you never know!
Okay…enough with the “sales” speak. In all seriousness, I was fortunate enough to be selected in the Opening ticket lottery and bought extra ticket so I could give away.
Here are the specifics on how I’m doing that.
- You have to be able to attend Opening Day on March 31, 2014 at Miller Park. It’d be pretty crappy if you won the ticket, knowing you can’t attend.
- You have to be willing to meet me on the Miller Park grounds on March 31st for the ticket hand off. I require this because I’m not going to let someone make money off of my generosity by reselling the ticket. I’ll be there early enough that day for even the brightest-eyed and bushiest-tailed fan.
- You have to submit a valid, correct entry by March 27th based on the contest specifics which follow.
Here’s how to enter. Email your correct entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Answer these questions:
- What number is Tyler Thornburg wearing in camp this year?
- When is the new Wall of Honor scheduled to unveiled?
- Where will the new Bob Uecker statue be located?
- Who won the Fans Choice bobblehead vote?
- What rank did my blog receive on the Top 100 MLB.com blogs ranking?
- Since we’re entering Miller Park’s 14th season, who wore #14 during its inaugural season?
- How many 2014 regular season Brewers games are not scheduled to be televised?
- Against whom are this year’s late March exhibition games scheduled?
- How many Brewers were listed among MLB Network’s Top 100 Players Right Now entering 2014?
- From which team was Wei-Chung Wang taken in the Rule V Draft?
All answers can be found here on my blog. You can utilize the handy search tool in the right-hand column to assist you.