Joseph Attanasio to Continue Tradition of Performing the Opening Day National Anthem; Wisconsin’s Olympic Heroes Throw Ceremonial First Pitch
The Milwaukee Brewers begin the 2014 season at Miller Park on Monday against the Atlanta Braves. Details for Opening Day ceremonies follow.
Ticket Availability: Tickets for Opening Day are sold out. Tickets remain available for the other two games of the homestand.
- Parking Lots/Gate Opening Times: The Miller Park parking lots will open at 10 a.m. on Opening Day. The gates to Miller Park will open at 11 a.m.
- First Pitch: A trio of Wisconsin-born Olympic heroes from the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi will throw out the first pitch. Matt Antoine, born in Prairie du Chien, Wis., was a bronze medalist in the Skeleton competition. Brianna Decker, from Dousman, Wis. and Jessica Vetter, from Cottage Grove, Wis., were each members of the USA women’s hockey team that won the silver medal. Decker currently is on the University of Wisconsin women’s hockey team and Vetter is a graduate of the university.
- National Anthem: Joseph Attanasio, father of Brewers Chairman and Principal Owner Mark Attanasio, will sing the national anthem.
- Brewers Magnetic Schedule Day: All fans in attendance will receive a Brewers 2014 magnetic schedule.
- The 12th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race: Prior to first pitch on Opening Day, the Famous Racing Sausages will take part in the 12th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race, beginning at 10 a.m. at the Klement’s plant on Chase Ave. The Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages™ will deliver the “First Brat” all the way to Miller Park (weather permitting).
OPENING DAY PARKING INFORMATION
The Brewers are urging fans to plan ahead when considering parking options for all games at Miller Park, but in particular for Opening Day. Fans may purchase parking passes in advance for all home dates at Miller Park through the Miller Park Box Office, Brewers.com or by phone at (414) 902-4000. Please note, a limited number of parking passes are available for Opening Day.
There will not be overflow parking at Wisconsin State Fair Park this year.
Please tune in to AM 1180 for up to the minute information.