So far once again this Spring, whenever I’ve posted a lineup or scheduled pitchers for a given game someone asks if the game is on TV or radio (or hopefully both).
I don’t mind answering the questions because interaction with you on Twitter and/or Facebook is part of the reason that I’ve got the community that I do, but in order to help get you the answer more quickly, I’m blogging it all in once place like I did last year.
Adding this post’s URL to your favorites list is probably a quality idea as well.
In case you’re reading this via the homepage, the permalink for this post is:
Here are the dates, with scheduled first pitch time listed in Central Time. It takes into account Daylight Savings Time. NOTE: Morning start times on MLB Network are telecasts of the previous day’s games.
– Friday, March 1, 2:05 p.m.
– Saturday, March 2, 2:05 p.m.
– Wednesday, March 6, 2:05 p.m.
– Thursday, March 7, 2:05 p.m.
– Friday, March 8, 2:05 p.m.
– Saturday, March 9 2:05 p.m.
– Monday, March 11 3:05 p.m.
– Friday, March 15, 3:05 p.m.
– Saturday, March 16, 3:05 p.m.
– Tuesday, March 19, 3:05 p.m.
– Friday, March 22, 3:05 p.m.
– Saturday, March 23, 3:05 p.m.
– Monday, March 25, 3:05 p.m.
– Thursday, March 28, 3:05 p.m.
– Friday, March 29, 7:10 p.m.
– Saturday, March 30, 1:10 p.m.
– Monday, March 11, 3:05 p.m. *LIVE* || FSWisconsin
– Monday, March 11, 8:00 p.m. *REPLAY* || MLB Network
– Wednesday, March 13, 9:10 p.m. *LIVE* || FSWisconsin
– Wednesday, March 13, 10:00 p.m. *DELAY* || MLB Network
– Monday, March 18, 9:00 a.m. || MLB Network
– Monday, March 18, 3:00 p.m. *LIVE* || MLB Network
– Tuesday, March 19, 3:05 p.m. *LIVE* || FSWisconsin
– Wednesday, March 20, 8:00 a.m. || MLB Network
– Friday, March 22, 3:05 p.m. || WGN
– Sunday, March 24, 3:05 p.m. || FSWisconsin
– Friday, March 29, 7:10 p.m. || FSWisconsin
Thirty-Four Games To Air On Combination of Newsradio 620 WTMJ, FOX Sports Wisconsin and Brewers.com
The Milwaukee Brewers today announced the 2013 Spring Training broadcast schedule, which includes 34 games to be broadcast on a combination of Newsradio 620 WTMJ and the statewide Brewers Radio Network, FOXSports Wisconsin and Brewers.com.
Hall of Fame radio announcer Bob Uecker and partner Joe Block will call 16 Spring Training games on Newsradio 620 WTMJ and the statewide Brewers Radio Network. Television announcers Brian Anderson and Bill Schroeder will call three games to be carried by FOX Sports Wisconsin: Monday, March 11 vs. Los Angeles; Wednesday, March 13 at Arizona; and Friday, March 29 vs. Chicago-AL at Miller Park. Two additional games – Tuesday, March 19 vs. LA of Anaheim and Sunday, March 24 at San Diego – will be produced by other FOX Sports regions (FS-West and FS-San Diego, respectively) but will be simulcast on FS-Wisconsin. Anderson, Schroeder and Block will also team up for 17 Brewers.com webcasts throughout the spring.
The Brewers open the 2013 Spring Training slate on Saturday, February 23 at Maryvale Baseball Park against the Oakland Athletics at 1:05 p.m. Arizona time. Milwaukee will play a total of 35 Spring Training games this season, including 17 at Maryvale Baseball Park and two exhibition games at Miller Park.
All Brewers games played in the Cactus League are scheduled for 1:05 p.m. starts (Arizona time), except for Wednesday, March 13 at the Diamondbacks (7:10 p.m. local/9:10 p.m. CT). The spring schedule closes out with a pair of exhibition games against the White Sox at Miller Park on March 29 (7:10 p.m.) and March 30 (1:10 p.m.).
Tickets for Brewers home Cactus League games are on sale at Brewers.com, by phone at 1-800-933-7890 and at the Miller Park and Maryvale Box Offices. Tickets are available in four seating areas: Field Box ($22), Infield Reserved ($16), Outfield Reserved ($13) and Lawn Seating ($8). Information on Spring Training Season Tickets can be obtained by calling the Milwaukee Brewers Ticket Office at 414-902-4000.
Tickets for the two exhibition games at Miller Park will go on sale at a later date. Please note that games and times are subject to change.
Click to download a PDF version of the schedule: 2013 Spring Broadcast Schedule
Here is a link to the podcast of last night’s edition of Brewers Weekly on AM 620 WTMJ radio.
My segment on the show begins at the 24:35 mark, but make sure to listen to the entire recording for Dan O’Donnell’s thoughts and his conversation with Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel Brewers beat writer Tom Haudricourt as well.
The hour show without ads breaks down to 39:19 total.
Enjoy and let me know if you agree or disagree in the comments!