In a press release about the sale of Brewers 4-game Holiday Packs, there was some information included about some of the bobbleheads for next year. This prompted me to look up the rest of the information which has been shared elsewhere, but not here.
- The Ryan Braun bobblehead will be in commemoration of his 40 HR/30 SB season.
- Likewise, Hank Aaron’s bobblehead will commemorate his 1963 40/30 season as a member of the Milwaukee Braves and will feature him in a Braves uniform.
- Corey Hart will be featured in a “1913 Brewers” uniform.
- Gorman Thomas will don a 1969 Seattle Pilots uniform in his bobblehead.
- The bobblehead for George Scott will feature him holding five Gold Gloves, representative of the five such awards he won during his five-year stint with the Brewers.
- The Polish Racing Sausage will be given away in conjunction with “Polish Heritage Day” at Miller Park. As such, he’ll be wearing a “Piwowarzy” jersey which is Polish for “Brewers”.
- Carlos Gomez will be featured in a gold alternate “Cerveceros” jersey which the team has worn the past couple of years on Cerveceros Day at Miller Park in honor of Hispanic heritage.
They are inviting fans to play along in a guessing game of sorts where the Bernie Brewer twitter account (@Bernie_Brewer) will post a silhouetted image of the subject of the bobblehead in the morning with some clues. You play along by tweeting back with your guess and a #GUESSBREW hash tag.
Then, later the same day via various official Brewers social media outlets, the subject will be revealed.
The official webpage for the revealing is: http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/mil/fan_forum/bobbles.jsp, but I’ll keep track of them all right here as well.
We can easily see that there will be one sausage bobble as has been the norm the last several years.
The schedule of reveals is as follows:
- Bobblehead #1: CLUE: This Brewer will turn 31 in January of 2013. – Guess: Norichika Aoki – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #2: CLUE: This Brewer played his entire career in the AL. – Guess: George Scott – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #3: CLUE: Wore a Brewers uniform his entire career. CLUE: Has played in 14 career postseason games. – Guess: Corey Hart – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #4: CLUE: Wears a number that has been worn by a total of 20 players in team history. Silhouette Only Guess: Ryan Braun (Updated: Still guessing Braun. http://brewernation.mlblogs.com/2012/06/09/milwaukee-brewers-uniform-number-history-8) – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #5: Silhouette Only Guess: Carlos Gomez – CLUE: The player is active on Twitter. – Guess unchanged. – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #6: Silhouette Only Guess: Polish Racing Sausage – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #7: CLUE: Today’s featured player began and ended his career in Milwaukee. CLUE: Played his first and last all-star game with Milwaukee. – Guess: Hank Aaron – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #8: CLUE: Features a Wisconsin native. Guess: Only three Wisconsinites are famous enough to warrant a bobblehead at this point. One (Bob Uecker) had one last year. That means that this should be either Jim Gantner or Harvey Kuenn. CLUE: This player never played for the Brewers. Updated Guess: Obviously Gantner played for the Brewers. My guess is Harvey Kuenn! – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #9: CLUE: This player goes back to the Seattle Pilots days. Guess: Gotta be Stormin’ Gorman Thomas! Who else from that era still warrants a bobblehead? CLUE: This player still has a presence at Miller Park. (Yup!) – CONFIRMED!
- Bobblehead #10: November 9 – CLUE: Was on the 1982 Milwaukee Brewers. Guess: Far too many to properly say anything definitive, but based on the silhouette I know several players who it is not. CLUE: This player once played professionally in Japan. Guess: Ben Oglivie
So there you have it!
All 10 of the bobblehead subjects for 2013 have been revealed! What do you think of the choices? Which one are you looking forward to the most? Vote here: http://wp.me/p1wIvV-98Ls