The Milwaukee Brewers will host “Polish Heritage Day” at Miller Park on Sunday, June 23 at 1:10 p.m. when they take on the Atlanta Braves.
Team Will Wear Special “Piwowarzy” Jerseys for Game vs. Braves and All Fans Will Receive a Klement’s Famous Racing Sausage Polish Bobble
The Brewers jerseys will read “Piwowarzy,” which is “Brewers” in Polish.
Annually, the city of Milwaukee hosts “Polish Fest”, dubbed “America’s Largest Polish Festival”, at the Henry W. Maier Festival Park. This year’s festival was held last weekend (June 14-16) and was the 32nd annual edition.
This isn’t the first specialized uniform that the Brewers will have worn on the field to honor a portion of the city’s residents, however. The Brewers have worn “Cerveceros” uniforms for “Cerveceros Day” honoring Latin heritage each season for the better part of a decade. In 2011 the team wore “Bierbrauer” uniforms for “German Heritage Day.” Last season saw the debut of “Birrai” across the fronts of the players’ jerseys for “Italian Heritage Day.”
In a press release about the sale of Brewers 4-game Holiday Packs, there was some information included about some of the bobbleheads for next year. This prompted me to look up the rest of the information which has been shared elsewhere, but not here.
- The Ryan Braun bobblehead will be in commemoration of his 40 HR/30 SB season.
- Likewise, Hank Aaron’s bobblehead will commemorate his 1963 40/30 season as a member of the Milwaukee Braves and will feature him in a Braves uniform.
- Corey Hart will be featured in a “1913 Brewers” uniform.
- Gorman Thomas will don a 1969 Seattle Pilots uniform in his bobblehead.
- The bobblehead for George Scott will feature him holding five Gold Gloves, representative of the five such awards he won during his five-year stint with the Brewers.
- The Polish Racing Sausage will be given away in conjunction with “Polish Heritage Day” at Miller Park. As such, he’ll be wearing a “Piwowarzy” jersey which is Polish for “Brewers”.
- Carlos Gomez will be featured in a gold alternate “Cerveceros” jersey which the team has worn the past couple of years on Cerveceros Day at Miller Park in honor of Hispanic heritage.