Joseph Attanasio to Continue Tradition of Performing the Opening Day National Anthem; James Beckum of Beckum-Stapleton Little League to Throw Ceremonial First Pitch
The Milwaukee Brewers begin the 2013 season at Miller Park on Monday against the Colorado Rockies. Details for Opening Day ceremonies follow. In addition, promotions for the first homestand, including the first All Fan Bobblehead giveaway – Norichika Aoki on Sunday, April 7 – are included below.
Ticket Availability: Tickets for Opening Day are sold out. Tickets remain available for the other five games of the homestand.
Monday, April 1 vs. Colorado Rockies, 1:10 p.m. (Opening Day)
· Parking Lots/Gate Opening Times: The Miller Park parking lots will open at 10 a.m. on Opening Day. The gates to Miller Park will open at 11 a.m. Please note the changes to gate opening times for the 2013 season. Gates will open 90 minutes prior to first pitch for all games this season except for Opening Day and all Saturday games in June, July and August. For those games, gates will open two hours prior to first pitch. Parking lots will open three hours before every game this season.
· First Pitch: James Beckum, founder of the Beckum-Stapleton Little League and former Negro Leagues player, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Beckum started the Beckum-Stapleton Little League on Milwaukee’s near north side in 1964 and has been a fixture in the community and in the league ever since. Beckum will be joined on the field for the first pitch by two players from the Beckum-Stapleton Little League and the RBI Program in Milwaukee. Titus Brown, 12, and Paniya Stewart, 11, both from Milwaukee, will join Stapleton on the field for the first pitch.
· National Anthem: Joseph Attanasio, father of Brewers Chairman and Principal Owner Mark Attanasio, will sing the national anthem before Monday’s Opening Day.
· Caterpillar Global Mining Brewers Magnetic Schedule Day: All fans in attendance will receive a Brewers 2013 magnetic schedule, compliments of Caterpillar Global Mining. All fans will also receive a Brewers rally towel.
· The 11th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race: Prior to first pitch on Opening Day, the Famous Racing Sausages will take part in the 11th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race, beginning at 10 a.m. at the Klement’s plant on Chase Ave. The Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages™ will deliver the “First Brat” all the way to Miller Park (weather permitting).
The Brewers want to ensure the fan experience at Miller Park is enjoyable and that begins with traveling to and from the game. Throughout the early season games, periodic lane closures will be in effect on I-94. Fans are encouraged to stay up to date on traffic information by visiting the Wisconsin Department of Transportation website at http://www.511wi.gov for up to the minute lane closures, alternate routes and other traffic information. For more information tailored specifically to arriving and departing Miller Park, visit the Miller Park tab at Brewers.com.
OPENING DAY PARKING INFORMATION
The Brewers are urging fans to plan ahead when considering parking options for all games at Miller Park, but in particular for Opening Day. Fans may purchase parking passes in advance for all home dates at Miller Park through the Miller Park Box Office, Brewers.com or by phone at (414) 902-4000. Please note, a limited number of parking passes are available for Opening Day.
Consistent with recent years, the Brewers have arranged for overflow parking at Wisconsin State Fair Park for Opening Day. In the likely event that Miller Park lots reach capacity, fans may take the 84th street exit from I-94 and enter through gate #7. From there, they will see signage and staff directing them to the parking area. A $15 fee will cover vehicle parking and shuttle services are free. Buses, provided by Riteway Bus, will be staged near the U.S. Cellular® Gate at State Fair Park and will offer service to and from Miller Park before and after the game. Shuttle services are scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. and will run until approximately 1.5 hours after the game. Buses will pick up in the drop-off location which will be located on VA grounds. Fans should follow the path marked “Stadium” which will lead them to the Right Field Gate. Please tune in to AM 1180 or go to @Bernie_Brewer on Twitter for up to the minute information.
Tuesday, April 2 vs. Colorado Rockies 7:10 p.m.
· Singles Night, hosted by It’s Just Lunch®: For just $48, fans will receive a Dew Deck Ticket for the Brewers vs. Rockies game, which includes a pre-game buffet and two drinks per person, plus the opportunity to mix and mingle with area singles. For details, visit brewers.com/specialevents.
Wednesday, April 3 vs. Colorado Rockies, 7:10 p.m.
Friday, April 5 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, 7:10 p.m
· Time Warner Cable Student Night: College and high school students can purchase $9 Terrace Reserved and $11.50 Loge Bleacher tickets (Excluding Miller Lite Beerpen) courtesy of Time Warner Cable. The first 250 students to purchase tickets in the Time Warner Cable Student Nights Section (Section 233) will receive a free t-shirt. For more information, visit brewers.com/students.
· $15 Fair Fridays: For $15, fans can purchase a Fair Friday package that includes one Terrace Reserved ticket and one general admission ticket to the Wisconsin State Fair presented by U.S Cellular. For more information, visit brewers.com/statefair.
· Miller Lite Beerpen: All fans 21 and older can be a part of the Miller Lite Beerpen in the Right Field Loge Bleachers. Tickets are $23 and include a Brewers t-shirt and special entertainment in the Miller Lite Beerpen. For more information, visit brewers.com/beerpen.
Saturday, April 6 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, 6:10 p.m.
· Potawatomi Bingo Casino Brewers Pen Schedule: All fans will receive a 2013 Brewers Pen Schedule presented by Potawatomi Bingo Casino.
Sunday, April 7 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, 1:10 p.m.
· Norichika Aoki Bobblehead presented by Robert Haack Diamonds: All fans will receive a Bobblehead featuring Brewers outfielder Norichika Aoki, presented by Robert Haack Diamonds.
· Blue Bunny Ice Cream Sunday: The first 2,000 fans 12 and under will receive a voucher redeemable for a free Blue Bunny Ice Cream treat upon entering Miller Park. The vouchers are redeemable from the time gates open through the end of the first inning of the game.