It’s after midnight which means it’s April 6th. And April 6th…is Opening Day!!!!
So, if you haven’t caught this information elsewhere, here it all is.
Enjoy the day responsibly (enough) and safely.
Friday, April 6 vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 3:10 p.m. (Opening Day)
· Parking Lots/Gate Opening Times: The Miller Park parking lots will “officially” open at noon on Opening Day. People do tend to line up extremely early however, and the parking lots sometimes will be opened early, but there is no guarantee of that. The gates to the ballpark will open two hours before first pitch.
· First Pitch: Miss America Laura Kaeppeler, a native of Kenosha, Wisconsin, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. She will also perform God Bless America during the seventh inning.
· National Anthem: Joseph Attanasio, father of Brewers Chairman and Principal Owner Mark Attanasio, will sing the National Anthem before Friday’s Opening Day.
· Associated Bank Brewers Magnetic Schedule Day: All fans in attendance will receive a Brewers 2012 magnetic schedule, compliments of Associated Bank.
· The 10th Annnual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race: Prior to first pitch on Opening Day, the Famous Racing Sausages will take part in the 10th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race, beginning at 11 a.m. at the Klement’s plant on Chase Ave. The Famous Racing Sausages will deliver the “First Brat” all the way to Miller Park (weather permitting).
The repaving of a stretch of I-94 Eastbound in Milwaukee County from 70th Street to 32nd Street will take place this spring. The Milwaukee Brewers have worked closely with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation and other partners to minimize the impact that this will have on traffic coming to and from Miller Park. However, it is recommended that fans plan ahead when traveling to games and consider using all available routes to and from the ballpark. Fans are asked to please follow the direction of traffic and parking personnel.
As part of the construction, Mitchell Boulevard access ramps along 94 East will generally be closed through late June. However, these ramps will be opened for all Brewers home games. For the most up to date information on the project, fans are encouraged to visit repave94.org. For more information tailored specifically to arriving and departing Miller Park, visit the Miller Park tab at Brewers.com.
OPENING DAY PARKING INFORMATION
The Brewers are urging fans to plan ahead when considering parking options for all games at Miller Park, but in particular for Opening Day.
Fans may purchase parking passes in advance for all home dates at Miller Park, including Opening Day. In addition to the Miller Park Box Office, fans may purchase parking passes through brewers.com or by phone at (414) 902-4000.
Consistent with recent years, the Brewers have arranged for overflow parking at Wisconsin State Fair Park for Opening Day. In the likely event that Miller Park lots reach capacity, fans may take the 84th street exit from I-94 and enter through gate #7. From there, they will see signage and staff directing them to the parking area. A $15 fee will cover vehicle parking and shuttle services are free. Buses, provided by Riteway Bus, will be staged near the U.S. Cellular® Gate at State Fair Park and will offer service to and from Miller Park before and after the game. Shuttle services are scheduled to begin at 12:30 p.m. and will run until approximately 1.5 hours after the game. Buses will pick up in the drop-off location which will be located on VA grounds. Fans should follow the path marked “Stadium” which will lead them to the Right Field Gate.